Saturday, January 29, 2011

Passing Through


Today a person with whom I have served our Lord with for many years, awoke and had her life take a devastating turn. Though I do not know any of the details, I was informed by a tweet from our senior pastor -- technically her boss, but practically her friend and mentor -- that her husband had suffered a heart attack and died this morning.

How to you wake up -- suffer this breath sucking catastrophe. What do you do all day. How to you move, think or be. Much must be required of her. Her daughters need her to be a mother to their loss of their father. But how do you breathe? Arrangements must be made, plans and events ordered. But how do you interact with people.

Lord, I thank you for your presence. Your Holy Spirit that provides for us in times like these. I pray that in these coming days you will empower and direct the events for Vicki. For her daughters, I ask that you will comfort them and help them as they find their fatherless way. May floods of delightful and warm memories wash around and through them. May the reality of your promises of eternity and your presence buoy them as they want to simply sink.

May I live each day in the delight of a future that ends in your everlasting. May I not resent as those mortals that I love, respect or those I care about love and respect face the stark reality that You know the times for us.

I trust you now for the Windfeldts.

1 comment:

  1. Precious entry. Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts here. Prayed for your friend Vicki & her daughters, and also for you Anne. God's thoughts are higher than ours.. that's all I can think of at times like these. We just can't understand how these things happen or why, but in remembering that He knows more than we do, we are able to place the burden of trying to understand at the feet of the cross. Sometimes we just can't understand, and that's ok. So thankful that your friend knows Jesus and is in His Kingdom. So many lose loved ones and don't know. There is a blessing in knowing that our loved one is with the Lord and we WILL see them again. Thank you again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete